Spiga


Trau·ma  Junk· ie  ( 'trau-m&  'j&[ng]-kE) n. Slang
  1. One who has an insatiable interest, devotion or addiction to responding and assisting people with serious injury or shock to the body, as from violence or an accident.

Survey Saturday

Yes, it's that bad. I'm bored, was going through a serious spell of blogger's block, combined with a ton of drama lately that has kept me from blogging. So, without further adeu, a meme--



Have I:

Gone on a blind date: Depends. I knew the person through IMs, pictures, and phone calls for about six months before we ever met. But as far as going on a date with someone I've never seen or spoken to, nope.

Skipped school: I skipped way more days than I should have my senior year of high school. In college, it's a different story. I have intentionally skipped a few times, but only if I knew it wasn't an important lecture or a test day or anything. I am really way more responsible with college than I was in HS.

Watched someone die: Yes. My grandpa and more patients than I can count. There were several moments growing up that got me interested in health care, but watching the hospice nurses and aides take care of my grandfather was one of the more defining moments.

Been to Canada: No, but I would love to one day. Hopefully soon.

Been on a plane: I have, and I prefer it to driving if the place I'm going to is more than say, 8 hours away. I hate to stop overnight on a drive, so I usually end up very sleep deprived by the time I get there.

Been lost: All the damn time. I'm directionally challenged and I'll be the first to admit it!

Been on the opposite side of the country: Yes. Minnesota and Ohio on separate occasions. I absolutely loved Minnesota. I'd like to visit and hopefully make a home in Seattle one day.

Swam in the ocean: I've been out in the Atlantic on a boat, but the closest I've come to swimming in an ocean was in the Gulf of Mexico, about five miles from the Texas coastline.

Had your booze taken away by the cops: Nope, to my surprise a few times.

Cried yourself to sleep: Not that I can remember.

Recently colored with crayons: Yep. There was downtime at work yesterday and I was just bored enough to do it. :)

Sang Karaoke: Quite a few times. My dad has a complete karaoke setup at home with over 15, 000 songs.

Paid for a meal with coins only: Every now and then when I forget my wallet or it's close to payday I've been known to use the ashtray change for dollar menu stuff. Lol.

Cheated on an exam: I’ve never cheated on an exam.

Laughed until some kind of beverage came out of your nose: I honestly can't say I ever have...

Caught a snowflake on your tongue: Yes.

Danced in the rain: Nope. But it's something I'd like to do.

Written a letter to Santa Claus: Yup.

Been kissed under the mistletoe: Hmmm. No, actually.

Watched the sunrise with someone you care about: Well I thought I cared about her at the time.

Been arrested: Like handcuffed and put in a cop car? Negative. But I have came extremely close a *few* times. That's another post for another day.

Blown bubbles: All the time when I was younger and now all the time with my little girl. She loves it!

Gone ice-skating: It’s been awhile… But I can count how many times on two hands. I loved it, but there isn't really a place to do it around where I live. Have to drive to Dallas.

Been skinny dipping outdoors: I have.

Favorite drink? Diet Pepsi or coffee

Tattoos? One on my right upper arm. I want several more, but am still trying to decide what I want to get.

Piercings? Right now just my ears. At one time I had my lip pierced, but I had to take it out for a job interview and it closed up.

How much do you love your job? There are those days and those patients that make it worthwhile. There are also those days and those patients that make you feel you should do something different with your life. But for the most part, I love it.

Birthplace? Waco, Texas

Favorite vacation spot? That’s a tough one. Orlando, FL or St Paul, Minnesota.

Ever been to Africa? Nope, but I have a few friends who are nurses on mission trips there right now.

Ever been on TV? In the background of a few news stories.

Ever been in a car accident? Uhmmm. Yeah. More than I'd like to admit. But I've never been seriously hurt or hurt anyone else, and only one was my fault.

Favorite movie? Forrest Gump, Shawshank Redemption, The Green Mile...too many to pick just one.

Favorite holiday? Christmas. Hands down.

Favorite food? Steak baby. T-Bone, Sirloin, NY Strip. Medium or medium rare.

Favorite flower? Never really thought about it, but I like to look at Easter Lillies.

Favorite smells? This is a tough one. The smell of my significant other. The smell you get after it rains. My daughter's hair after a bath. Fresh brewed french vanilla coffee. Salty air near the beach. Clean sheets.

What do you do to relax? Read a good book, write, sit outdoors in a quiet place, or call a good friend.

How do you see yourself in 10 years? I honestly don't know for sure. Obviously, I'll be a Respiratory Therapist by then. But the next move? It's a toss up between paramedic, RN, and medical school. Hell, I may do all three.

Ever been given an engagement ring? Nope, actually. And I was married at one point.

Longest relationship? Just short of five years.

Last gift you received? Guinness pint glasses.

Ever dropped a cell phone? About three million times give or take a million.

When’s the last time you worked out? Yesterday.

First thing you notice about the opposite sex?
If she’s up close I notice her eyes (I’m a total sucker for brown eyes) and her smile. From a distance I notice how she carries herself. Also, I have a thing for tall girls.

One favorite song?
Anything but Mine by Kenny Chesney

Favorite mall store:
Depends on what I’m shopping for. I'm fond of Pac Sun and Journey.

Longest job you’ve had:
My current job, as a CNA/unit clerk, which I've had for about 5 years.

Biggest lie you’ve ever heard:
In response to “How much have you had to drink?” “Just a litttleee bit."

Favorite place to eat with friends?
Ninfa's or Applebees.

Can you cook?
I can cook. I've heard quite well.

Best kiss:
From that certain person...

Last time you cried?:
Sometime this past week.

Most disliked foods:
Artichoke, brussel sprouts, and tomatoes.

Thing you like most about yourself:
I'm a veritable plethora of knowledge, compassion, and determination. Pffffttt.

Thing you dislike most about yourself:
I’m an insomniac. And when I’m tired but can’t sleep, and it’s late my mind tends to run away on me.

Longest shift you’ve worked at a job?:
20 hours straight. NEVER EVER AGAIN, at least not in a hospital.

Can you sing?
Depends on who you ask. I don’t think I’m all that great but some of my biased friends say I am.

Last concert you attended?
Cruefest in Dallas around this time last year.

Last movie rented:
The Haunting

One thing you never leave the house without:
Cell phone(s).

Laptop or Desktop?
I prefer my laptop to my desktop.

Favorite comedian? Carlos Mencia. I LOVE Carlos Mencia.

Do long distance relationships work?:
I'd have to say they can. Forever? I don't think so. But for say...a year or so until both people can be in the same place, yes, it's possible.

How many times have you been pulled over by the police??
Five or six times

How do you like your eggs?
Over medium with wheat or sourdough toast.

Number of pillows?:
Three

Can you play pool?:
I think I can. People say I can. I can't honestly answer because I don't think I've ever played completely sober, but I know I've won quite a bit of money playing a time or two.

Favorite season?
Fall

Best thing about winter?
Cooler temperatures.

Name of your first pet?:
Red, a doberman.

Birthday?
March 8th

What do you want to be?
I’m not sure I know anymore.

Smiling right now?:
Sorta. I'm listening to a male coworker educate a female nurse about why she shouldn't get married...for the fifth time in like the last 6 years.

Do you miss somebody right now?
Very, very much so.

If you could go anywhere in the world where would you go?
Definitely up north.

Are you in high school?:
Thank God no.

Do you have a harmless crush on anyone?
What's the chick's name from The Notebook? I was forced to watch it once.

Ever been on a cruise?:
Nope... would love to though!

What jewelry are you wearing?
Just my watch.

What are you going to do after this questionnaire??
Probably go take a break from work (LOL) or go find something to do.


Whew. I went there. A meme. Now you know a little bit more about me. I realize it's not the most interesting thing ever, and that most of you are here to read about RT school and other med-related stuff, but gimme a break. I'm exercising my poetic license, and trying to shift the focus of my blog off such serious topics 24/7.

If you're still out there and reading my blog, shoot me a comment and let me know.

blog comments powered by Disqus