Spiga


Trau·ma  Junk· ie  ( 'trau-m&  'j&[ng]-kE) n. Slang
  1. One who has an insatiable interest, devotion or addiction to responding and assisting people with serious injury or shock to the body, as from violence or an accident.

In Lieu of My Own Quality Content...

...I'd like to send you to a blog that has some.



I've recently started reading THE ECG BLOG, which I'd like to define as, "The Cardiac/Tele Junkie's Best Friend." I may or may not have mentioned before that in addition to being totally interested in all things trauma, I also enjoy reading and learning about telemetry, rhythm interpretation, and all things cardiac. It only makes sense, right?

Now, I'll also admit that while I'm intrigued by ECGs, I really do not have an expansive knowledge when it comes to interpretation of strips. At this point in my life and RT school, I'm able to look at a heart monitor and either say, "Oh, that's good," or, "Holy crap! Do something about that." (You see, we haven't covered this topic in detail as of yet.) So don't worry, I won't be coming to a hospital near you any time soon as a student, and be the one in charge of making sure your mom or dad's heart isn't in a dangerous rhythm. The point I'm trying to make is that, well, this site is awesome!

Not only do you get to see a variety of rare heart rhythms, like a complete (third degree) atrioventricular block with junctional escape rhythm, but you also get to learn something along the way, as the blog author does a very good job at explaining how to interpret this rhythm.

When you get a chance, I'd definitely recommend you follow The ECG Blog.



That is all.

blog comments powered by Disqus