Spiga


Trau·ma  Junk· ie  ( 'trau-m&  'j&[ng]-kE) n. Slang
  1. One who has an insatiable interest, devotion or addiction to responding and assisting people with serious injury or shock to the body, as from violence or an accident.

My Second Semester

Well, it's a little over a week until I begin my second semester of RT School. It's hard to believe I have been on break for almost a month now, but like the RT student over at Free Speech is My Anti-Drug, I haven't known what to do with all of this free time and I feel pretty strange not having any stress at all. (Wow, I can't believe I said that.)

Next semester will be more difficult because I start clinicals and I will be doing that for 8 hours every Monday and Wednesday. The good news is that I only have two classes and a lab because I went ahead and took Advanced Cardiopulmonary A&P as an evening course this past semester (NOT recommended). Here's what my schedule will look like:

  • RSPT 1360: Clinical I Resp. Care (Monday, Wednesday-- Times TBA)
  • RSPT 1431: Respiratory Care Fundamentals II (Tuesday, Thursday 9:00am-10:20am)
  • RSPT 2310: Cardiopulmonary Disease (Tuesday, Thursday 10:35am-11:55am)
  • RSPTL 1431: Respiratory Care Fundamentals II Lab (Friday 1:00pm-5:00pm)
Total credit hours: 10.0


And last but not least, books! I used most of these books last semester, but here is what I will be losing sleep reading:


Mosby's Respiratory Care Equipment/ 7th Ed.
Cairo, Pilbeam



Egan's Fundamentals of Respiratory Care/ 9th Ed.
Wilkins, Et al.



Egan's Fundamentals of Respiratory Care Workbook/ 9th Ed.
Wiehrman



Practical Math for Respiratory Care: A Text and Workbook
Sibberson



Prentice Hall's Cardiopulmonary Drug Guide
Colbert, Mason



Respiratory Disease: A Case Study Approach to Patient Care (3/e)
Wilkins, Et al.



Clinical Practitioner's Pocket Guide to Respiratory Care
Oakes

So, good luck everyone!


blog comments powered by Disqus