Spiga


Trau·ma  Junk· ie  ( 'trau-m&  'j&[ng]-kE) n. Slang
  1. One who has an insatiable interest, devotion or addiction to responding and assisting people with serious injury or shock to the body, as from violence or an accident.

A Christmas Meme. Why not?


It's so close to Christmas and I'm still not quite in the "Christmas spirit," so I stole this meme from Epijunky and I'm passing it on to anyone who feels so compelled to do it. C'mon, it'll be fun! Everybody's doing it. Just leave a link to your post in the comments.

1. Wrapping paper or gift bags?

If it can fit in a gift bag, then it should be put in one. I'm not good at wrapping presents.

2. Real tree or Artificial?

I prefer real trees, but we've had a fake one for a few years. I love the smell of a real tree and I think they are wonderful to look at, especially when it is dark and the tree is lit up. I'm fond of Douglas Firs.

3. When do you put up the tree?

Now, a few days after Thanksgiving. When I was younger, we used to leave right after Thanksgiving lunch and drive to the Christmas tree farm and cut down our own tree. We'd decorate it either that same night or the next day.

4. When do you take the tree down?

Around the first of the year.

5. Do you like eggnog?

That depends upon how much EtOH it has in it.

6. Favorite gift received as a child?

Oh, that's hard. I guess my favorite gift was an electric guitar and amplifier. I never learned how to play it, but I sure thought I sounded good back when I was a teenager!

7. Hardest person to buy for?

My mother-in-law. Any time you ask her what she wants for Christmas, the answer is always "Peace on Earth." Then when you get her something you think she will like, she says she doesn't like it. LOL

8. Easiest person to buy for?

My daugther. At this age (she's 2) she'd be happy with getting a pile of wrapping paper.

9. Do you have a nativity scene?

*Looks around and counts* 1...2...3...4. Yes, four of them.

10. Mail or email Christmas cards?

Mail, of course. I have to do that STAT.

11. Worst Christmas gift you ever received?

I really can't think of one because I've appreciated all the gifts that were given to me. I suppose if I had to pick, it would be those Moon Shoes that were all the hype when I was growing up. I kept falling over and hurting myself with them. :-D

12. Favorite for Christmas dinner?

Fried turkey. Mmm.

13. When do you start shopping for Christmas?

Not soon enough. As in, I started yesterday. That's actually good for me...I usually wait until a few days before Christmas and knock it out in a day.

14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present?

Nope. I've been tempted too, sometimes.

15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas?

That's tough. I guess it's when my mom makes homemade beef and cheese enchiladas.

16. Lights on the tree?

Of course. This isn't any Charlie Brown tree we're talking about.

17. Favorite Christmas song?

Carol of the Bells by Transiberian Orchestra (featuring Metallica)

18. Travel at Christmas or stay home?

We stay home, but I wouldn't mind traveling. I enjoy it.

19. Angel on the tree top or a star?

An Angel.

20. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning?

When I was younger, my sister and I used to open one present on Christmas eve, and it was always pajamas. As we became teenagers, we just started opening all the gifts on Christmas eve...I don't really know why, because I never liked doing this. However, it sort of stuck, and now my wife and I do it with my kid (at least until she is old enough to know what it means to wake up early on Christmas morning).

blog comments powered by Disqus