Spiga


Trau·ma  Junk· ie  ( 'trau-m&  'j&[ng]-kE) n. Slang
  1. One who has an insatiable interest, devotion or addiction to responding and assisting people with serious injury or shock to the body, as from violence or an accident.

Moving right along & a random rant

So, this is just an update to let everyone know that things are still going good. This past week was pretty busy. I had two tests yesterday, one in Fundamentals and one in Cardiopulmonary A&P. So needless to say, I didn't do much besides study this week. They were pretty big tests (one was over CXR Interpretation and the other was over Development and Anatomy of the Respiratory System), and I was happy that I made an "A" on both of them.

On Monday, I have a test in Pharmacology. This class is still my easiest class, although it has become a lot harder since we started our unit on bronchodilators. I like the fact that the program director is the teacher and he has been teaching it for over 20 years, which makes it pretty laid back. If anyone knows any tricks to remember the difference between the mode of action and side effects for anticholinergic bronchodilators, adrenergic bronchodilators, and xanthines, let me know...I'm trying pretty hard to come up with something.

I have lab in a few hours and we are starting Medical Gas Therapy. We are going to learn about nonrebreathers, nasal cannulas, ventimasks, SVNs, pMDI's, etc. I'm so excited to get to do something much more hands on and with a more practical application to what we'll be doing on a daily basis as RT's. It's getting more interesting every day.

I'm really not a negative person, but I would like to end this with a small rant. It's really something I'd consider common sense, but you know. As RT students, we all work very hard and spend many hours a day working hard to memorize and learn all the information that is presented to us. At times, it is very stressful. We have our struggles with studying and we've all had to overcome them. So when you're taking the most important test of the program so far, DON'T CHEAT!

Yeah, that's right. There were two students caught cheating. I'm glad one of my classmates went to the program director's office to tell him and someone went in the classroom and told the teacher during the test because she didn't notice. I really hope they get expelled from the program. I mean, damn. We all work too damn hard to get decent grades while people can cheat and make a better grade, with less effort?! Apparently it happened on the past two tests with the same people, but I didn't know about that. Just do your own work. If for no other reason, then for your future patient's sake.

blog comments powered by Disqus