Spiga


Trau·ma  Junk· ie  ( 'trau-m&  'j&[ng]-kE) n. Slang
  1. One who has an insatiable interest, devotion or addiction to responding and assisting people with serious injury or shock to the body, as from violence or an accident.

Who Blogs? The personality predictors of blogging

I tend to spend more time reading blogs than writing them. If that were not the case, I'd probably be posting upwards of 5 blogs a day. In order to filter the ones that will interest me, I usually just click the links on the Blogroll of some one's blog who I frequently read. Of course, as with anything, the first thing that stands out to me and draws me in is the title.

This morning, I was looking at Respiratory Therapy 101: Just Keep Breathing, and I noticed a blog entitled Grunt Doc in his Blogroll. Being the RT student that I am, I loosely assumed, based off the title alone, that this blog would belong to either an Neonatologist or and a Pulmonologist who specializes in the care of infants born pre-term, simply because we just learned about the term grunting (a deep, gutural sound that is usually uttered by an infant or newborn experiencing resp. distress in order to increase lung pressure). I was wrong about that; the GruntDoc chose that blog title due to the fact that he used to be a doctor in the USMC infantry, which he states are now known as "grunts."

None-the-less, I was lead to an interesting blog entry on his page about a study conducted which revealed the top five personality traits of people who blog. Here they are:

The Big Five personality inventory measures personality based on 5 key traits:

1. neuroticism
2. extraversion
3. agreeableness
4. openness to experience
5. conscientiousness


That's pretty interesting. I'm going to agree that I possess four out of five (I don't have neuroticism).

It's interesting to see how well the researchers have hit the nail on the head with this study. Now, it is also important to note that the study describes a prolific blogger versus someone who just skims over a couple of blogs every now and then.

If you blog regularly, well, how did you stand up compared to the results?

blog comments powered by Disqus