Spiga


Trau·ma  Junk· ie  ( 'trau-m&  'j&[ng]-kE) n. Slang
  1. One who has an insatiable interest, devotion or addiction to responding and assisting people with serious injury or shock to the body, as from violence or an accident.

The Six Second ECG: Dynamic Cardiac Rhythm Simulator

I found a great site to brush up on ECG Interpretation. It covers 24 different rhythms, from Sinus Rhythm to Agonal and pretty much everything in between.
You can either use the site to view (learn) the rhythms by clicking on each one and viewing a "live" strip, or you can play a game where you have one minute to correctly interpret as many rhythms as you can. It's pretty useful if you don't do EKG's often or for when you need to renew your ACLS.
I have to take ACLS sometime before January. I've never taken it before, and I don't know anything about cardiac rhythms, but I need to be certified to work as an RT Assistant after my first semester of school. The bad news is that we don't cover ACLS and cardiac rhythms and drugs until the 2nd year of school.
Hopefully the hospital will sign me up for the EKG I & II classes before ACLS.


blog comments powered by Disqus