Spiga


Trau·ma  Junk· ie  ( 'trau-m&  'j&[ng]-kE) n. Slang
  1. One who has an insatiable interest, devotion or addiction to responding and assisting people with serious injury or shock to the body, as from violence or an accident.

Fall 2008 Class Schedule & Other Random Thoughts

Alright, so I received my schedule for this Fall, and here is what it looks like so far. (I've included the course description in case the classes are called something different at other colleges):

RSPT 2317: Respiratory Care Pharmacology
Mon., Wed. 9:35-10:55 a.m.
A study of pharmacological principles/practices of drugs which affect the cardiopulmonary
systems. Emphasis on classification, route of administration, dosages/
calculations, and physiological interactions. Semester Hours 3 (3 lec)

RSPT 1429: Respiratory Care Fundamentals I w/ Lab
Lecture: Tue., Thu. 9:35-10:55 a.m. Lab: Fri. 8:00 a.m.-12:00 p.m.
RSPT 1429 Respiratory Care Fundamentals I
Provides for the development of knowledge and skills for respiratory care including
history, medical terms/symbols, medical/legal, infection control, vital signs, physical
assessment, chest x-ray interpretation, medical gas therapy, oxygen analyzers, and
humidity/aerosol therapy. Semester Hours 4 (3 lec/4 campus lab)

RSPT 1340: Advanced Cardiopulmonary Anatomy & Physiology
Thu. 6:00-8:50 p.m.
Provides an advanced presentation of anatomy and physiology of the cardiovascular
and pulmonary systems. The student will describe and explain advanced concepts
of cardiopulmonary anatomy and physiology; describe the neurology of breathing,
ventilation/perfusion concepts, and gas transport from the lung to the tissues. Semester
Hours 3 (3 lec)

I'm both excited and nervous at the same time. I've already heard from people at work and some of the 2nd year students that all 3 of these classes are pretty difficult. Does anyone have any tips? lol.

Of note: I believe my clinical uniform looks pretty feminine, lol. Well, just the jacket. We are required to wear one of those scrub jackets that I've never seen a guy wear. It wouldn't be so bad if it could have a collar and buttons instead of snaps, but it can't. Oh well... I'm just here to get an education.


On another note, I placed a live traffic feed on my blog about a three weeks ago, and I'm rather amazed at how many people are reading what I have to say. I have, on average, at least two hits from different people every hour. Too cool. The more people I know are reading my blog, the more it makes me want to keep posting.

If any of you have any suggestions on what I can do to improve my blog, etc., just let me know in a comment or drop me an e-mail (js0095001 at gmail dot com).

As always, updates to follow. I have to job shadow an RT sometime in the next two weeks, so I'll be sure to post my experiences about that. Classes start Aug. 27th and I am planning to post a blog about the first day. Of course, I'll post quite a bit between now and then.

blog comments powered by Disqus