Spiga


Trau·ma  Junk· ie  ( 'trau-m&  'j&[ng]-kE) n. Slang
  1. One who has an insatiable interest, devotion or addiction to responding and assisting people with serious injury or shock to the body, as from violence or an accident.

First and foremost, welcome to my blog, Surviving RT School. Thank you for stopping by, and I hope that you plan to return in the future.

About Me:
I'm a CNA of 3 years, but I've been working in hospitals providing patient care for about the past 7 years. My experience lies in Med/Surg, ICU, orthopedics, and trauma, but I've also worked on renal, cardiac, and neuro units for a bit of time. I've always been interested in health care, but I was really drawn to it at the age of 14 when I started volunteering during the summer at a local hospital.

About a year ago, I decided to go to respiratory therapy school. Classes began this past August, and so far it has been interesting, to say the least ( and busy, fun, exciting, etc.). I'm absolutely fascinated by the mechanics of ventilation, artificial life support, respiratory disease processes, the anatomy and physiology of the heart and lungs, and cardiopulmonary resuscitation; After all, I am a trauma junkie.

If you're considering going to respiratory therapy school, there are a few sites that I recommend:

About Surviving RT School:
I began this blog back in July of 2008 after receiving my acceptance letter. Under the premise that RT School was going to be the hardest thing I've done so far, I figured I would need a way to express my opinions and share my knowledge, rants, and whatever else I felt compelled to share. It really took off from there.

Surviving RT School is hosted at BlogSpot and is run solely by the Trauma Junkie, a CNA currently working in a 250-bed acute care hospital as part of the PRN float pool. The template used on this blog is Minyx 2.0, adapted from the WordPress theme with the same name, and designed by Spiga.

Surviving RT School is intended for the following audiences:
  • Current or potential RT students
  • Respiratory Therapists
  • Nurses, doctors, EMTs, or other medical professionals
  • Patients, especially those with chronic respiratory diseases
  • Occasionally, articles are posted that pertain to the general public
If you have any questions or comments regarding my blog, RT school, respiratory care as a profession, or anything in general, please feel free to e-mail me using the contact page. I check my e-mail several times a day and can usually give you a response in less than 24 hours. Better yet, if you think your question might help someone else, just leave it as a comment below.


Add Me

blog comments powered by Disqus